The following January criminal incidents and arrests were reported by Rumson police. An arrest does not constitute a conviction.Continue reading Rumson Police Report: Scams & DUI
Rumson police on Nov. 25 released security camera photos and a statement regarding early morning Nov. 24 “attempted home entries.” They asked that residents remain on high alert for suspicious activity and review security cameras.Continue reading Rumson Police Investigate Attempted Home Invasions
The following criminal incidents and arrests were reported by Rumson police. An arrest does not constitute a conviction.Continue reading Rumson Police Report: Burglaries, Vehicle Theft, Recovered Stolen Cars, Aggravated Assault, Maintaining Nuisance with Underage Party, Attempted Burglaries, DUI
The following September incidents and arrests were reported by Rumson police. An arrest does not constitute a conviction.Continue reading Rumson Police Report: Theft, Burglary, Underage Parties, Hindering Apprehension
In light of another vehicle theft in Rumson, police are, once again, urging residents to be diligent in taking precautions to dissuade thieves as much as possible. Lock vehicles, homes and secure fobs, they have reiterated.Continue reading Rumson Police: Vehicle Thieves Strike Again
What has been dubbed a “smash-and-grab” burglary has struck again in Rumson.Continue reading Rumson Police: ‘Smash-and-Grab’ Car Burglar Strikes Again; Likely Gang Perp
The following June criminal incidents were reported by Rumson police.Continue reading Rumson Police Report: Car Theft, Racist Graffiti, Vandalism, Juvenile Parties
The following May criminal incidents and arrests were reported by Rumson police. An arrest does not constitute a conviction.Continue reading Rumson Police Report: Vehicle Thefts, Burglary, Assault, Graffiti, Vandalism
While continuing to urge residents to lock cars and valuables in them because of heightened car thefts in the area, Rumson police are alerting area residents of a different sort of criminal activity that is becoming rampant and occurred in Rumson this past weekend — smash and grab car burglary.Continue reading Rumson Police Report: Smash & Grab Car Burglary
With the theft Sunday night of a vehicle from Rumson, police are again pleading with residents take what they deem simple precautions to dissuade car thieves.Continue reading Rumson Police Investigating Sunday Car Theft
It’s National Police Week.Continue reading Police Week: Retro Rumson Police
This week, the usual schedule of construction work on the Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge replacement will stay the same, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. through Friday, weather permitting.
However, there are other projects in progress in Rumson in close proximity to the bridge, adding to the status quo travel advisory this week.
“New Jersey American Water will be conducting roadwork on Rumson Road tomorrow, May 17, from the hours of 10 a.m. through 7pm. Rumson Road will be closed eastbound at Fair Haven Road. All traffic will be detoured Northbound on Fair Haven Road to Ridge Road. Westbound Rumson Road will be closed at Bellevue Ave. Traffic will be detoured Northbound to Ridge Road,” Rumson police said in a released statement. “HEAVY Traffic is expected along with delays. Please avoid the area if possible.”
Pothole repair is set for Friday. This means …
- Expect alternating traffic on Rumson Road (CR 520) between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. due to pothole repairs.
- Flaggers will assist with traffic control.
- Drivers should allow for extra travel time.
Construction and delivery vehicles will continue to be in the area. This means …
- Temporary delays are possible on any contractor work day as construction and delivery vehicles enter and exit the work areas.
The eastbound sidewalk on the bridge remans closed. This means …
- The sidewalk on the south side of the bridge will be closed until further notice.
- Sidewalk users should cross at the pedestrian striping at the new island at Old Rumson Road to access the north side (westbound) walkway.
Construction work continues in the Shrewsbury River. This means …
- Bridge replacement work is ongoing on both sides of the river south of the bridge.
- The 65-foot navigational channel width is expected to remain in effect until the fall of 2023.
- Please see the Public Notice for information on future changes to channel access.
- Prosecutor: Internal Affairs Report on Misconduct Investigation of Area Police Chief Released
- Retro RFH ‘Gilligan’s Island’ Lovey Show Time
- Staged: RFH Tower Players Tap into Cole Porter’s ‘Anything Goes’
- In Memoriam: Sea Bright ‘Anjelica’s’ Restaurant Owner, Ray Lena, 76
- Retro RFH Rainy Day Lunching