On Monday morning, I’m going away with my friend …
It may have been a Saturday in the Sandpipers’ famed song Come Saturday Morning, but it sure looks like this Monday captured at Sea Bright’s sunrise today by longtime Fair Havenite and Knollwood School teacher, Andy Dougherty.
When morning has broken on a final summer’s day, nothing compares to the serene veracity of the moment, especially when shared with a childhood friend.
The softness of the vivid colors, the loud silence, the magic in the clouds’ formations, the whole world inside each droplet of a wave’s crash. The hush frozen in time in a minute’s worth of snapshots.
The simplest of moments atop a lifeguard stand with a best friend. Saturday or Monday, the awakening calm of the dawn, the moment remains, many of them …
“Just I and my friend. We’ll travel for miles in our Saturday smiles. And then we’ll move on. But we will remember … long after Saturday’s gone.”
The simplest of summers. Remember the moments. Savor them. Exhale with a smile.
- Prosecutor: 36-Year-Old Area Man Convicted in 2021 Home Invasion, Sexual Assault
- Retro Rumson Schools’ Tandy Techies
- In Memoriam: Former Longtime Little Silver Resident, Inger La Manna, 93
- Focus: Empty Glass Toast to Summer’s Sunset
- Prosecutor: Man Charged with Assault of His Infant and Ex Extradited Back to NJ