The Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge replacement work continues through Thursday this week during the latest usual hours of 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., weather permitting, with added area road pothole repair on Monday.Continue reading Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge & Area Roadway Repair Travel Advisory
Tag Archives: Rumson Road
Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge and Roadwork Travel Advisory
This week, the usual schedule of construction work on the Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge replacement will stay the same, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. through Friday, weather permitting.
However, there are other projects in progress in Rumson in close proximity to the bridge, adding to the status quo travel advisory this week.
“New Jersey American Water will be conducting roadwork on Rumson Road tomorrow, May 17, from the hours of 10 a.m. through 7pm. Rumson Road will be closed eastbound at Fair Haven Road. All traffic will be detoured Northbound on Fair Haven Road to Ridge Road. Westbound Rumson Road will be closed at Bellevue Ave. Traffic will be detoured Northbound to Ridge Road,” Rumson police said in a released statement. “HEAVY Traffic is expected along with delays. Please avoid the area if possible.”
Pothole repair is set for Friday. This means …
- Expect alternating traffic on Rumson Road (CR 520) between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. due to pothole repairs.
- Flaggers will assist with traffic control.
- Drivers should allow for extra travel time.
Construction and delivery vehicles will continue to be in the area. This means …
- Temporary delays are possible on any contractor work day as construction and delivery vehicles enter and exit the work areas.
The eastbound sidewalk on the bridge remans closed. This means …
- The sidewalk on the south side of the bridge will be closed until further notice.
- Sidewalk users should cross at the pedestrian striping at the new island at Old Rumson Road to access the north side (westbound) walkway.
Construction work continues in the Shrewsbury River. This means …
- Bridge replacement work is ongoing on both sides of the river south of the bridge.
- The 65-foot navigational channel width is expected to remain in effect until the fall of 2023.
- Please see the Public Notice for information on future changes to channel access.
Weekly Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge Travel Advisory
In this week’s Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge replacement travel advisory for the area, Monmouth County officials are alerting drivers that they should allow for extra travel time from Monday through Friday, noting the hours of 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 4 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Friday.Continue reading Weekly Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge Travel Advisory
Detour: Rumson Road Work Ahead
If you’re planning on traveling down Rumson Road in the next week or so, you may want to take an alternate route.
Starting on Wednesday morning, the main Monmouth County road that runs from Little Silver to the border of Sea Bright will be mill paved during the daylight hours, from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., according to the sign near Buena Vista Avenue and Rumson Road and the borough website.
The paving, done by the county, is slated to take roughly six days, depending on the weather.
Work will start at the Little Silver end, by Branch Avenue and end at Bingham in Rumson.
You must be logged in to post a comment.