The Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge replacement work continues through Thursday this week during the latest usual hours of 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., weather permitting, with added area road pothole repair on Monday.
Monmouth County officials advise the following for those traversing the area:
Allow extra travel time on Monday due to Rumson Road pothole repairs. This means …
UPDATE from Rumson police … Minor traffic delays expected on the Rumson/Sea Bright Bridge today, 5/22/23, until approximately 3 p.m. Traffic will be alternating in one lane so please plan accordingly.
- Expect alternating traffic on Rumson Road between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. due to the repair work underway.
- Police will assist with traffic control.
Maintain an awareness of construction and delivery vehicles. This means ….
- Temporary delays are possible on any contractor work day as construction and delivery vehicles enter and exit the work areas.
The eastbound sidewalk on the bridge remains closed. This means …
- The sidewalk on the south side of the bridge will be closed until further notice.
- Sidewalk users should cross at the pedestrian striping at the new island at Old Rumson Road to access the north side (westbound) walkway.
Construction activity will continue in the Shrewsbury River. This means …
- Bridge replacement work is ongoing on both sides of the river south of the bridge.
- The 65-foot navigational channel width is expected to remain in effect until the fall of 2023.
- Please see the Public Notice for information on future changes to channel access.
You must be logged in to post a comment.