The holiday and break from Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge replacement work is over; and, construction continues this week on the usual time schedule of 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., weather permitting.Continue reading Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge Travel Alert
Thanksgiving week brings with it an altered construction work schedule for the Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge replacement, weather permitting. It calls for two days off this week and hours announced to recommence next week.Continue reading Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge Replacement Travel Alert
This week’s Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge replacement construction work remains status quo, with hours of work still set from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. through Friday, weather permitting.Continue reading Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge Travel Advisory
Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge replacement activity this week remains on the same 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. schedule Monday through Friday with different alerts in effect.
Monmouth County officials advise that …Continue reading Weekly Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge Travel Alert
Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge replacement activity is scheduled, weather permitting, for shorter hours this week, with alerts about girder deliveries and traffic alternating.
The work will continue through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.. During work hours and beyond, Monmouth County officials advise …
Drivers should allow for extra travel time, due to girder deliveries and associated alternating traffic on the Rumson side. This means …
- On Monday, bridge girder deliveries are expected in Rumson.
- From Tuesday through Friday, there will be alternating traffic on Rumson Road due to curb, sidewalk and driveway apron installation.
- Police will assist flaggers with traffic control.
An awareness of construction and delivery vehicles should be maintained. This means …
- All roadway and sidewalk travelers should be aware of construction and delivery vehicles entering and exiting the work areas on both sides of Rumson Road in Rumson and on the southbound side of Ocean Avenue in Sea Bright.
- Temporary delays are possible on any contractor work day due to movement of construction vehicles and equipment.
An awareness of work activity continuing in the Shrewsbury River should be maintained. This means …
- Bridge replacement work activity continues on both sides of the Shrewsbury River south of the bridge.
- Please note the channel closure dates have changed. See Recent News for an update on future changes to channel access.
— Photos/Doug Borden
— Featured photo/Elaine Van Develde
- In Memoriam: Longtime Rumsonite Bruce Van Vliet, 89
- In Memoriam: 65-Year Fair Haven Business Owner, Joseph Accardi, of Accardi’s Barber Shop
- In Memoriam: Longtime Red Bank Resident, Rose Marie Lister Tomaino, 90
- Retro RFH Football Winning Cheer
- Rumson Police Investigate Attempted Home Invasions
This week’s Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge replacement construction activity will continue, weather permitting, from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. More girder deliveries and curb installation is planned for most of the week.Continue reading Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge Travel Alert
This week’s work schedule for the Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge replacement has been altered due to girder deliveries.Continue reading Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge Travel Alert
The weather forecast calls for clear skies this week, so construction work on the Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge should go on as scheduled, providing the weather continues to cooperate.Continue reading Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge Travel Alert
When it comes to the construction work schedule on the Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge replacement, weather permitting is always the determining phrase.Continue reading Weekly Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge Travel Alert