Thanksgiving week brings with it an altered construction work schedule for the Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge replacement, weather permitting. It calls for two days off this week and hours announced to recommence next week.Continue reading Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge Replacement Travel Alert
The construction work schedule for the Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge replacement remains status quo this week.Continue reading Weekly Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge Travel Advisory
Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge replacement construction activity remains status quo for this week.Continue reading Weekly Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge Travel Advisory
With work on the Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge halted for the Fourth of July holiday, it resumed today and continues through Friday during the usual 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. hours, Monmouth County officials announced.
Here’s what to expect with construction activity for the rest of this week …Continue reading Weekly Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge Travel Advisory
This week, as construction work on the Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge replacement continues, Monmouth County officials advise that work will be done during more expanded hours this Monday through Friday. from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., weather permitting.
Specifically, travelers in the area should anticipate some added travel time and be aware of …
Construction vehicle activity in close proximity to the bridge. This means …
- Temporary delays are possible on any contractor work day as construction vehicles enter and exit the work areas.
The continued closure of the sidewalk on the eastbound side of the bridge. This means …
- The sidewalk on the south (eastbound) side of the bridge will be closed until further notice. Sidewalk users must use the north (westbound) side walkway to cross the bridge.
The continued work activity in the Shrewsbury River. This means …
- Bridge replacement work is ongoing on both sides of the river south of the bridge.
- The 65-foot navigational channel width is expected to remain in effect until the fall 2023.
In this week’s Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge replacement travel advisory for the area, Monmouth County officials are alerting drivers that they should allow for extra travel time on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, in particular.
Construction work is anticipated to continue during the hours of anywhere from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., with variations noted below.Continue reading Weekly Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge Replacement Travel Advisory
As the new Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge is in its construction phase, Monmouth County officials issue weekly traffic advisories.
Here’s the advisory for this week:Continue reading Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge Construction Travel Advisory
The Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge replacement is well underway. Here’s a photo gallery from a bit earlier in the fall and the latest update on construction directly from Monmouth County officials, including a travel advisory for Rumson-Fair Haven and Sea Bright area residents …
(Click on one of the photos in the above gallery to enlarge and scroll for an interesting close-up view of the activity and the original bridge.)
The following is bridge replacement activity, by area, for the week of Dec. 19. All work is scheduled for Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., weather permitting.
In Rumson and Sea Bright …
- Two bridge pile deliveries are scheduled per day, Monday through Thursday.
- Uniformed police will assist with traffic control during the deliveries.
- Deliveries may now be scheduled between 8:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. and will continue to avoid school drop off and pick up times. If the schedule changes based on field conditions, delivery may occur after 3:30 p.m..
- For safe passage of all, the traffic delivery pattern involves temporary disruption of vehicle and pedestrian movement over the bridge and may affect traffic flow on Ocean Avenue (Route 36) in Sea Bright and Rumson Road (CR 520) in Rumson.
- During staging of the pile deliveries, vehicle traffic across the bridge will be alternated in the westbound lane and the eastbound sidewalk will be closed.
- During lifting and moving of the bridge pile to the trestle in the river, both travel lanes and sidewalks will be closed for approximately 10 minutes.
- Additional bridge pile deliveries are anticipated every week, weather permitting. With each delivery, vehicles and pedestrians may expect temporary lane and sidewalk closures as noted above.
- Bridge openings for marine traffic will not be affected by the pile deliveries.
In Rumson …
- Rumson Road will continue with one lane in each direction until further notice.
- Flaggers or police officers may assist with traffic control during movement of construction equipment.
On the Shrewsbury River …
- Work activity will continue in the water south of the bridge on both sides of the river.
- The navigational channel width has been reduced from 75 to 65 feet. The reduction is expected to remain in effect until the fall of 2023.
Yes, you can cross that Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge when you get to it. But there will be some intrusions through Thursday.
The long-planned new bridge is being constructed, as planned, parallel to the old, still standing bridge. However, the activity surrounding the bridge replacement may cause some disruptions in traffic flow to and from Rumson and Sea Bright for those few days, so Monmouth County officials have released a summary of what’s going on and where through Thursday between 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., weather permitting. Take a look at the gallery above for a glimpse into the project (CLICK on one photo to enlarge and scroll.)
They have advised that people should be aware of the following travel disruptions:
Rumson Road, Rumson
- The eastbound shoulder will be closed and both travel lanes shifted through Thursday.
- Flaggers may be present to facilitate delivery of construction materials Monday through Thursday
Ocean Avenue (Route 36), Sea Bright
- Flaggers may be present to facilitate delivery of construction materials through Thursday
- Construction of the temporary trestles will continue in the water south of the bridge.
This is test — for another summer. A trial measure has been once again put in place to quell seasonally high traffic volume between Rumson and Sea Bright via the Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge.Continue reading An FYI: Summer Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge Openings