In this week’s Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge replacement travel advisory for the area, Monmouth County officials are alerting drivers that they should allow for extra travel time on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, in particular.
Construction work is anticipated to continue during the hours of anywhere from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., with variations noted below.
Here are the construction work details for the week directly from the county:
On Monday, usual work will continue, with reminders for the duration of construction …
Drivers and walkers traversing the area should remain aware of construction vehicle activity. This means …
- Temporary delays are possible on any Contractor work day as construction vehicles enter and exit the work areas.
The eastbound sidewalk on the bridge remains closed. This means …
- The sidewalk on the south side of the bridge will be closed until further notice. Sidewalk users must use the north side (westbound) walkway to cross the bridge.
Work activity continues in the Shrewsbury River. This means …
- Bridge replacement work is ongoing on both sides of the river south of the bridge.
- The 65’ navigational channel width is expected to remain in effect until Fall 2023.
Construction work for Tuesday, March 14, will be underway from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Ocean Avenue in Sea Bright. This means …
- The northbound shoulder of Route 36 will be closed from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. for queueing of concrete trucks.
- Concrete trucks will be entering and exiting the Sea Bright construction area frequently between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Sea Bright Police will assist with traffic control.
Construction work for Wednesday, March 15, and Friday, March 17, will be underway from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Rumson Road in Rumson. This means …
- Four (4) piles are expected to be delivered on each day.
- Uniformed police will assist with traffic control during the deliveries.
- Deliveries are scheduled between 8:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to avoid school drop off and pick up times. If the schedule changes based on field conditions, delivery may occur after 3:30 p.m.
- For safe passage of all, the traffic delivery pattern involves temporary disruption of vehicle and pedestrian movement over the bridge and may affect traffic flow on Ocean Avenue in Sea Bright and Rumson Road ( in Rumson.
- During staging of the pile deliveries, vehicle traffic across the bridge will be alternated in the westbound lane.
- During lifting and moving of the bridge pile to the trestle in the river, travel lanes and the sidewalk will be closed for approximately 10 minutes.
- Bridge openings for marine traffic will not be affected by the pile deliveries.
You must be logged in to post a comment.