These courts are made for basketball — and jokesters. Maybe not. But, a couple of Rumson’s Forrestdale guys somehow stole center court, or stage, at a basketball game in the 1970s.Continue reading Retro Forrestdale Basketball Court Jestering
It’s a set-up! When it comes to winning shots, RFH Girls Basketball has always had the right moves on and off the court. Call it a set-up for the jam. Something like that in this Retro Pic of the Day.Continue reading Retro RFH Girls Basketball Jamming
With all the usual buzz about the Super Bowl halftime still swirling all over social media, thoughts go back to a time at RFH when twirling made for a dazzling halftime show — on the basketball court. That’s one way to celebrate RFH Basketball season.Continue reading Retro RFH Twirling Halftime
I spy … a slam dunk? High hoop hopes?Continue reading Retro Rumson Basketball Court Drama
Photo/RFH yearbook screenshot
A double-dose reprise, because we all need a special kind of cheer right now … and this is a real slam dunk!
Yes, it’s basketball season at RFH. But, have you ever seen a lovelier bunch of cheerleaders?Continue reading Retro RFH Slam Dunk of a Cheer
It’s basketball season these school days. So, we’re bringing this up again …
It’s no secret that RFH has had some slam dunk success with the sport. So has Rumson’s Forrestdale School.Continue reading Retro Forrestdale Basketball Slam Dunk
Photo/RFH Yearbook, courtesy of Nerphrita Norris
The RFH Girls Basketball team culminated its season as top seed in NJSIAA Central Jersey, Group II. And while the team lost to second-seeded Manasquan recently, the girls team has always been considered champion material.Continue reading Retro RFH Girls Basketball Slam Dunk
Yes, it’s RFH Basketball season. You’ve seen these RFH “ladies” before …Continue reading Retro RFH Basketball Court Cheer
Rumson-Fair Haven Regional High School’s (RFH) all-time leading point scorer Brendan Barry has made it official. He signed his letter of intent to play Division One basketball at Dartmouth College.
In keeping with the whole March Madness theme, the Retro Pic of the (George) Day takes us back to a basketball sideline scene of the 1970s at RFH.
Here’s the question: What the heck is Andy Koch photographing as the score-keeper stares in a state of captivation?
The players: Check out the looks on their faces. And look at that wooden desk.
Caption this one, friends and fans!
Thanks, once again, to the fabulous George Day (RFH Class of ’78) for capturing yet another great moment back in the day and sharing it with us!
Eleven student-athletes from Rumson-Fair Haven Regional High School (RFH) signed National Letters of Intent on Nov. 12, National Signing Day, to play intercollegiate sports.
Student-athletes and their respective programs …
• Hannah Anderson – Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois – cross country
• Cooper Cuje – University of Maryland/Baltimore County – lacrosse
• Catie Ebner – Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania – field hockey
• Kate Fahey – University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan – tennis
• Anna Finn – Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, Connecticut – lacrosse
• Rachel Lehnert – Monmouth University, West Long Branch, New Jersey – cross country
• Morgan Maguire – Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia —baseball
• Samantha Sabino – University of New Hampshire, Durham, New Hampshire – basketball
• Emily Schissler – Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio – lacrosse
• Grace Stant – Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania – basketball
• Jillian Swikart – Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania – lacrosse
The National Letter of Intent serves as a binding agreement between student-athletes and their intended collegiate sports programs, and marks the final step in the recruitment and commitment process.