It’s a rainy Monday, did you get your River Rat time in over the sunny weekend set for sailing on the river?
Yes, it’s another look at yet another River Rats pack of the past — like the early 70s. Everyone knows that those River Rats in Fair Haven are a longtime rat pack with which kids sail away the summer.
Summers, since 1955, a group gathers at the end of Battin Road in Fair Haven to learn how to sail and bond. You’ve gotten a glimpse into those summer days down by the river with the good rats before. This snapshot back in time is a slightly larger, perhaps a bit younger, crew. That dock they’re standing on is quite different now. The river? It’s always the same.
The summer days there, adventures and misadventures a rite of passage for a river-raised Rumson-Fair Haven area kid, sailing or not.
Your first river boating adventure? Mishap? Do tell!
Recognize anyone? Not in it? Rats!
- Retro Fair Haven Fire Company Picnic Pack Fun
- In Memoriam: Longtime Rumsonite, Volunteer, Rumson Country Day & Oceanic Library Board Member, Bob Boyle Sr., 86
- Prosecutor: Fatal Weekend Accident Leaves Motorcyclist Dead, Passenger Seriously Injured
- In Memoriam: Rumsonite Joel Browndorf, 81
- Retro RFHers’ Donovan’s Reuniting