Longtime Little Silver resident, Sandy Elaine Smith Burdge passed away on Nov. 9. She was 87.
Born in Long Branch, Sandy lived in Little Silver for 77 years. She graduated from Red Bank High School in 1954, married her husband Ed in 1955 and raised their four children in Little Silver.
Sandy was predeceased by: her husband of nearly 68 years, Albert Edwin Burdge Jr.
She is survived by: her sister, Karen A. Lundquist; and children, Bonnie Braun and husband Joseph, Becky DeVore, Albert Burdge III, and Theresa Burdge; grandchildren, Elizabeth, Tabitha, Lauren, Austin, Michael, Frank, Vanessa, Lena, Iliana; and six great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be held on Thursday, Nov. 30, from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. at Thompson Memorial Home, Red Bank. A funeral service is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 1, at Thompson Memorial Home, followed by burial at Evergreen Cemetery at Embury United Methodist Church, Little Silver.
In lieu of flowers, the family would appreciate donations made to the NJ Fire Museum & Fallen Firefighters Memorial, 4 Polhemustown Rd., Allentown, NJ 08501 or to the Little Silver EMS.
- In Memoriam: Longtime Rumsonite Bruce Van Vliet, 89
- In Memoriam: 65-Year Fair Haven Business Owner, Joseph Accardi, of Accardi’s Barber Shop
- In Memoriam: Longtime Red Bank Resident, Rose Marie Lister Tomaino, 90
- Retro RFH Football Winning Cheer
- Rumson Police Investigate Attempted Home Invasions