The RFH Girls Basketball team culminated its season as top seed in NJSIAA Central Jersey, Group II. And while the team lost to second-seeded Manasquan recently, the girls team has always been considered champion material.
In fact, back in the day, decades ago, girls basketball was a relatively new concept. It was always the boys who were on competitive sports teams with girls cheering them on.
What a difference a few decades makes, though.
The girls in this late 1970s Retro Pic of the Day RFH Yearbook photo, provided by Nerphrita Norris, were renegades. Everyone knew them as trail-blazing hoop-shooters.
Their success on and off the court was always seen as a slam dunk.
Recognize these girls? How about the coaches? Anyone remember when girls basketball became official at RFH? What year?
- In Memoriam: Former Longtime Rumsonite, William V. Weithas Jr.
- Retro Picture Day Snapshot: 1950s Knollwood Kindergarten
- Prosecutor: 25-Year-Old Man Charged with Animal Cruelty
- In Memoriam: Raymond Carey, Author, Businessman, Sailor, Creator of ‘Carey Center for Democratic Capitalism, 93
- Retro RFH Band Plays the Field Time