Former Rumsonite William Bishop Duncan passed away peacefully on Jan. 12, surrounded by his three daughters. He was 93.
He was predeceased by: his wife of 50 years, Jean Botkin Duncan; his parents, Mary Holmes Duncan and William James Duncan and his brother, Holmes Longstreet Duncan.
He is survived by: his daughters, Julie Harris (Chip), of Richmond, VA, Betsy Diehl (Dave), of Frederick, MD, and Susan Duncan Judge (John Perkins), of Little Silver; seven grandchildren; one great grandson and another expected in February.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to The Little Silver Library, 484 Prospect Avenue, Little Silver, NJ 07739 or The Monmouth County Parks System, 805 Newman Springs Road, Lincroft, NJ 07738.
Visitation will be held on Friday, Jan. 20, from 10 to 11 a.m., with the funeral service at 11 a.m., at Thompson Memorial Home, Red Bank. There will be a private burial at Holmdel Cemetery.
— Edited obituary prepared by family via Thompson Memorial Home
- Scene Around: RFH Tower Singers’ Holiday High Note
- Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge Travel Advisory
- Prosecutor: Former Youth Tennis Instructor Gets 56+ Years for Sex Crimes Against Pre-Teen Student
- In Memoriam: Red Bank Resident Sandra Larsen, 87
- Prosecutor: Man Arrested on Charges of 1999-2001 Aggravated Sexual Assault of Pre-Teen