Longtime Red Bank resident, known as Red Bank Charlie and the face of HobbyMasters, Charles Horowitz, passed away peacefully on Sept. 12 “after a short and well-fought battle with cancer.”
Born in Brooklyn, NY in 1942, Charlie lived in New York until he moved to Red Bank, NJ in 1978.
Charlie served in the Army at Fort Bragg, NC in the 1960’s.
He was predeceased by: his parents, Naomi and Al; his brother, Marvin; sister-in-law, Renee; and his best friend. Paul.
Charlie is survived by: his two daughters, Pamela (Carmine who he loved like a son), and Erica; and his wife, Karen, who was the love of his life; his five grandchildren and newest granddaughter-in-law, who called him “Pow.” Stephen (Alexa), Alex (Dasha), Julia, Amelia and Tucker loved and admired their Pow.
Services for Charlie are private and under the direction of Thompson Memorial Home of Red Bank.
— Edited obituary prepared by family for Thompson Memorial Home
- Prosecutor: Former Corrections Officer Sentenced for Shoplifting
- In Memoriam: Longtime Rumsonite Winifred Svikart, 88
- Prosecutor: Two Charged With Supplying Drugs That Killed Woman in Overdose Death
- Prosecutor: 14 Arrested on Internet Child Sex Abuse Charges in Task Force Sweep
- Prosecutor: Cop Hits Building with Patrol SUV