A Shrewsbury man has been charged with embezzling more than $750,000 from the Colts Neck-based company he once worked for as an accountant, Acting Monmouth County Prosecutor Lori Linskey said on Wednesday.
Mark S. Bloom, 45, has been charged with second-degree theft by unlawful taking in connection with the embezzlement.
It was revealed via a joint investigation and financial analysis of D’Angelico Guitars of America, Route 537, by the Prosecutor’s Office and Colts Neck police, that sometime in early 2020, Bloom had created a personal PayPal account into which he allegedly transferred funds from the company’s American Express business account. Using the PayPal account Bloom allegedly spent much of the money embezzled on online gambling.
Bloom was charged via summons on Tuesday pending hearing to be scheduled at Monmouth County Superior Court.
— Edited press release from the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office
- Prosecutor: Former Corrections Officer Sentenced for Shoplifting
- In Memoriam: Longtime Rumsonite Winifred Svikart, 88
- Prosecutor: Two Charged With Supplying Drugs That Killed Woman in Overdose Death
- Prosecutor: 14 Arrested on Internet Child Sex Abuse Charges in Task Force Sweep
- Prosecutor: Cop Hits Building with Patrol SUV