Shrewsbury-raised Marjorie (Tootie) King Lang passed away peacefully on Sept. 2 surrounded by family. She was 74.
Born in Long Branch to the late Hadley and Marjorie King, Tootie grew up in Shrewsbury. She graduated from the University of Denver in 1968 and received her Medical Technology degree from Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago.
Tootie was predeceased by: her parents, Hadley and Marjorie King; her two brothers, James C. King and Hadley S. King her two brothers-in-law Philip E. Lang and Reverend Leonard P. Lang; and her mother-in-law, Helen B. Lang.
She is survived by: her devoted husband of 53 years, Michael L. Lang; her son, Michael; daughter, Megan (fiancé Marc); grandchildren, Carleigh Lang and Benjamin Lubin; sister Dr. Mary Elizabeth Keeler; brother Richard C. King and sister-in-law Joan B. King; and numerous nieces and nephews.
A memorial service will be held on Sunday, Sept. 12, from 12 to 3 p.m. at the Thompson Memorial Home, Red Bank. Facial masks are required for all those attending. The family requests that in lieu of flowers donations be made to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
— Edited obituary provided by family to Thompson Memorial Home
- Prosecutor: Former Corrections Officer Sentenced for Shoplifting
- In Memoriam: Longtime Rumsonite Winifred Svikart, 88
- Prosecutor: Two Charged With Supplying Drugs That Killed Woman in Overdose Death
- Prosecutor: 14 Arrested on Internet Child Sex Abuse Charges in Task Force Sweep
- Prosecutor: Cop Hits Building with Patrol SUV