A male pedestrian has died as the result of a collision with two motor vehicles Wednesday evening in Manalapan, Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni announced on Thursday.
A 38-year-old Newark man was crossing from the eastbound lane of Route 33 and Woodward Road at 7:22 p.m. when he was struck by a 2017 Toyota Rav 4, driven by a 32-year-old female of Neptune.
The vehicle was heading eastbound on Route 33 approaching the intersection when the victim attempted to cross Route 33 outside of the marked crosswalk. Following the initial collision, a 2017 Lexus RX, driven by a 54-year-old female from East Windsor, was travelling behind the Rav 4 and also struck the male pedestrian who was in the roadway.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene at 7:37 p.m.
Both drivers were uninjured in the crash.
The crash remains under investigation by the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office, Marlboro Township Police Department and the Monmouth County Serious Collision Analysis Response Team (SCART).
Anyone who witnessed the crash or has information to assist the investigative team is urged to contact Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office Detective Ryan McAndrews at 800-533-7443, or Manalapan Police Department Officer Matthew Meyler at 732-446-4300.
— Edited press release from the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office
- Prosecutor: Special Officer Pleads Guilty to Computer Theft
- Retro Powering Through: Light in Dark Sandy Times
- Retro Fair Haven Gals and a Fair Prize Boat
- In Memorium: Fourth-Generation Rumsonite, Former Borough Administrator, Public Servant, Gary Sammon, 77
- Speaking to People: Fair Haven Icon Dorothy Breckenridge’s Final Crossing