A Neptune Township man was arrested and charged on Friday with stealing nearly $90,000 from his employer over a 10-month period, Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni announced.
Derrick Forde, 36, of Neptune Township, was arrested and charged with second-degree theft after an an internal audit and a joint investigation by the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office and Tinton Falls Police Department revealed that Forde stole $89,594.30 from his Tinton Falls employer.
If convicted of the second-degree crime, Forde faces up to 10 years in prison.
The investigation uncovered that Forde issued unauthorized credits to his own credit cards between June 2019 and March 2020. The amount of unauthorized credits totaled $89,594.30.
- Speaking to People: Fair Haven Icon Dorothy Breckenridge’s Final Crossing
- Prosecutor: One Dead, One Injured In Shooting
- Retro Fair Haven Gals’ Show Boating
- Prosecutor: Police Seek Community Assistance in Solving 2019 Barbershop Murder
- Prosecutor: Investigators Determined to Solve 2018 Route 18 Murder