The weekend weather forecast is promising, Rumson-Fair Haven area folks.
So, that in mind, here are some things to do around the towns:
Friday night …
• This one’s a longstanding event honoring the memory of former Rumsonite and doctor, George Sheehan — the 22nd George Sheehan Classic Race and Kids Classic.
The action starts at 2 p.m. and runs through 8:30 p.m. in Marine Park with activities, including the kids race, Runner’s Expo, music, and more.
• Don’t forget Hanga Loose Fridays at Umberto’s in Fair Haven. It’s a time to hang out in memory of the restaurant’s beloved Silvio, a friend to all.
Stop by the River Road place’s back room, mangia and chat it up!
• The George Sheehan Classic 5K Race runs from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Red Bank — Marine Park and Broad Street. There will be a post-5K party at Branigans.
• The Canterbury Fair, at St. George’s-by-the-River Episcopal Church in Rumson, will be featuring a host of activities, silent auction, white elephant sale and food from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Saturday.
There will be face painting, a petting zoo, a kids’ auction, activities, burgers, hot dogs, lobster salad, baked goods, plants for sale and more.
The proceeds of the longtime annual event go to area charities.
• And, yes, it’s Fair Haven Day time! The relatively new annual event kicks off at 3:30 p.m. in Fair Haven Fields.
Get your tickets for food and beverages. This year, Brennan’s will provide picnic — signature sandwiches, salads and mac-and-cheese. For a little extra, folks can feast on seafood from Lusty Lobster — clams, oysters and lobster rolls. And Booskerdoo will be providing desserts and coffee.
The snack bar will be open, proceeds donated to RFH Hockey.
And, the Fair Haven Business Association will have face painting and photo booths.
For adults, there will be a beer booth, featuring domestic and premium beers and fruit-filled red and white sangrias.
Bands will be playing: Stone Bullets at 3:30 p.m., River Road Band at 4:30 p.m. and Jukebox Criminals at 6:30 p.m.
Then the night will end with fireworks! See you there!
• The Red Bank Farmers Market is in the Galleria parking lot from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. It features the usual fresh produce, organic goods, breads, coffees, desserts, crafts and more.
• And if you feel like being by the water and taking in a little history at the same time, tours of the historic Seabrook-Wilson House, otherwise known as the spooky Spy House, are running from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Bayshore Waterfront Park location on Port Monmouth Road in the Port Monmouth section of Middletown.