A Rockland County, NY man was arrested on burglary, criminal trespass and related charges on Wednesday after he became uncooperative with police responding to a trespassing call and he refused to leave the premises, prompting a response from the county emergency response team (MOCERT), Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni said on Thursday.Continue reading Prosecutor: Alleged Fugitive Trespasser Prompts County Emergency Response; Arrested on Burglary & Related Charges
The following February and March arrests were reported by Rumson police. An arrest does not constitute a conviction.
The following recent arrests were reported by Red Bank police. An arrest does not constitute a conviction.
The following recent criminal incidents and arrests were reported by Shrewsbury police. An arrest does not constitute a conviction.
The following recent contempt of court and fugitive warrant arrests were reported by Middletown police:
• Gabriel Ramos, 71, of Pine Creek Road in Hazlet, was arrested on May 22 by Patrolman John Mele on a fugitive warrant for arson issued by the Monmouth County Superior Court and on a contempt of court warrant issued by the Hazlet Municipal Court.
He was held on $50,500 bail.
• Robert Dunn, 24, of Tenth Street in the Belford section of Middletown, was arrested on May 23 by Patrolman Patrick Leonard on contempt of court warrants issued by the Middletown, Atlantic Highlands and Asbury Park municipal courts.
He was held on $5,523 bail.
Fair Haven police reported the following incidents and arrests for the month of February. An arrest does not constitute a conviction.
• Sheikh Bilal, 50, of Jersey City, was arrested on Feb. 10 following a motor vehicle stop when an active full extradition warrant out of Louisiana was found to be on file.
The Louisiana warrant was based on charges that included two felony counts of worthless checks. Bilal was charged with being a fugitive from justice.
The arrest was made by Special Officer Brooks Robinson. Bail was set at $100,000 with no 10 percent option.
Bilal was transported to Monmouth County Correctional Institution in Freehold to await extradition to Louisiana to face his previous charges (according to the warrant).
• Garry Vandemark II, 32, of Atlantic Highlands was arrested following a motor vehicle stop on Feb. 6 and charged with driving while suspended, unlawful possession of a weapon and obstruction by Special Officer Brooks Robinson.
He was released pending a Fair Haven court appearance.
• Ryan Marchese, of Red Bank, was arrested on Feb. 28 following a traffic stop on an active warrant out of Middletown for his arrest.
He was released after posting bail. Special Officer Brooks Robinson made the arrest.
• A Linden Drive resident reported on Feb. 6 that someone had filed a fraudulent 2014 tax return in his name.
Patrolman John Koetzner is investigating.
• A River Road business reported on Feb. 9 that someone had broken a window in the front of her store.
Cpl. John Waltz took the criminal mischief report.
• A Gillespie Avenue resident reported on Feb. 11 that they had video surveillance of an unknown male trespassing on their property.
Detective Stephen Schneider investigated and identified the trespasser as a juvenile.
The case has been forwarded to Juvenile Officer Patrolman William Lagrotteria for review.
• A Highland Avenue resident reported on Feb. 16 that someone attempted to file a fraudulent tax return in her name.
Detective Stephen Schneider took the report and is investigating.
• An Oxford Avenue resident reported on Feb. 24 that there were fraudulent charges on her debit card.
Patrolman Dwayne Reevey took the report and is investigating.