Duck, duck … goose? Nope. This is more like the “Duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, duck … kid, kid, kid … and a pond” game. Yeah, that’s it. Whatever way you look at it, it’s a pretty simple concept, just like that old Duck Duck Goose game.Continue reading Retro Just Ducky Times at McCarter Pond
In this week’s Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge construction update and travel advisory, Monmouth County officials stress that extra travel time should be factored into the plans of those traversing the area of the bridge, particularly on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
In its update, county officials added that the work schedule has been significantly expanded on Monday, with work continuing from 4 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Ocean Avenue in Sea Bright and the usual 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, unless otherwise specified.
Here’s what to expect, directly from the county’s weekly advisory …
On Monday, March 6, from 4 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Ocean Avenue in Sea Bright …
- Concrete trucks will be entering and exiting the Sea Bright construction area frequently between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- The northbound shoulder of Route 36 will be closed from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. for queueing of the concrete trucks.
- Sea Bright Police will assist with traffic control.
On Tuesday, March 7, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Rumson Road in Rumson …
- Alternating traffic on Rumson Road (CR 520) due to overhead lighting work.
On Friday, March 10, from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Rumson Road in Rumson …
- Traffic shift and alternating traffic on Rumson Road due to pavement restriping.
Stressed advisory for area drivers to remain keenly aware of construction vehicles …
- Temporary delays are possible on any contractor work day as construction vehicles enter and exit the work areas.
A sidewalk on the bridge is CLOSED …
- The sidewalk on the south side of the bridge will be closed until further notice. Sidewalk users must use the north side walkway to cross the bridge.
Work activity continues in Shrewsbury River ..
- Bridge replacement work is ongoing on both sides of the river south of the bridge.
- The 65’ navigational channel width is expected to remain in effect until Fall 2023.
- Scene Around: RFH Tower Singers’ Holiday High Note
- Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge Travel Advisory
- Prosecutor: Former Youth Tennis Instructor Gets 56+ Years for Sex Crimes Against Pre-Teen Student
- In Memoriam: Red Bank Resident Sandra Larsen, 87
- Prosecutor: Man Arrested on Charges of 1999-2001 Aggravated Sexual Assault of Pre-Teen
Fifty-four-year Little Silver resident, former Fair Haven antique furniture shop owner and founding member of Monmouth Day Care Center, Bernadette Eulner, passed away peacefully on Tuesday, Feb. 28. She was 84.Continue reading In Memoriam: Longtime Little Silver Resident, Former Fair Haven Business Owner, Volunteer, Bernadette Eulner, 84