They didn’t wait for that banner even numbered 40th reunion. They just couldn’t wait.
No, The Rumson-Fair Haven Regional High School (RFH) Class of ’83 went ahead and had a pretty untraditional, unprecedented (at least in formal reunion style) 39th reunion over the weekend.
After all, reunions were put on pandemic hold for two years. So, we’re figuring that they figured “Why wait another minute, much less year?” So, the class seized the summer. This summer. Nothing warmer than reuniting.
And, classmates tell us that it was a smashing, more impromptu sort of success, with more than 70 RFHers getting their 80s back on and gathering at classmate Kathleen Townshend Dugan’s home in Oceanport.
It was said to be, of course, a “very special group of some fine people.”
“The weather was beautiful and we’ve gotten great feedback,” said Jann Kiely Kelly. “I think everyone had a great time!”
And a great time is status quo as RFH reunions usually go.
Now, who’s who in this reunion round-up? Recognize anyone? What are they doing now?
Cheers to the RFH Class of ’83 and reuniting!
- In Memoriam: Longtime Rumsonite, Volunteer, Rumson Country Day & Oceanic Library Board Member, Bob Boyle Sr., 86
- Prosecutor: Fatal Weekend Accident Leaves Motorcyclist Dead, Passenger Seriously Injured
- In Memoriam: Rumsonite Joel Browndorf, 81
- Retro RFHers’ Donovan’s Reuniting
- Prosecutor: 14 Arrested, 2 Sentenced in Mass Social Media Child Sex Abuse Bust