By Elaine Van Develde
Rumson’s 2015 reorganization ceremony was a simple, reflective one.
There were no new Borough Council members to be sworn in. Re-elected incumbents Broderick and Ben Day took oaths for another term.
However, the coming year’s fire and first aid officers received their badges; and Mayor John Ekdahl gave his customary end-of-the-year speech.
The new fire and first aid officers are as follows:
• EMS Captain, Mary Nichols, who was also captain in 2014, took the oath for 2015;
• 2014 Fire Chief Robert Halligan was thanked for his service to the borough and 2015 Chief Kevin McCarthy was given his badge as was 2015 Assistant Chief Ronald Immesberger.
In his speech, the mayor called attention to:
• the deaths of three longtime firemen;
• the diligence and dedication of the officers in borough’s police department;
• the success of the Rumson Regatta;
• a nice Veterans Day ceremony in Victory Park;
• the success of the borough’s annual Christmas tree lighting;
• the annual DPW Toy Drive bringing in 520 toys for children in need;
• and DPW Director Mark Wellner’s recognition by the New Jersey Chapter of the American Public Works Association (NJ APWA) with a 2014 Superintendent/Director Award for his 28-year career with the borough.
The benediction was offered by Rev. Manning of Holy Cross Church.
Photos by Elaine Van Develde