Rumsonite Joel Browndorf passed away peacefully at home on Aug. 14 after a lengthy bout with prostate cancer. He was 81.
Born in Philadelphia, PA to Irving and Lorraine Browndorf, he lived portions of his life in Philadelphia, New York City, and Rumson. He graduated from Central High School in Philadelphia, Bordentown Military and Temple University.
Joel was the beloved husband of Mara; loving father of Iric Browndorf (Courtney), Jeffrey Browndorf (Marisa), Nancy Grossman, John Browndorf (Sara) and Liz Toolan (Chris); cherished grandfather of Lindsay Grossman, Ali Grossman, Alex Browndorf, Nick Browndorf, Benjamin Browndorf, Rebecca Browndorf, Olivia Browndorf, Emma Toolan, Hope Toolan, and Grandchild number 10, due January 2023.
Services are private. Thompson Memorial Home of Red Bank has been entrusted with the arrangements.
— Edited obituary prepared by family via Thompson Memorial Home
- In Memoriam: Longtime Rumsonite, RFHer, Rumson First Aid & Oceanic Hook & Ladder Co. Member, Jay Harvey, 78
- Retro Dank Daze of RFH Junior Lounging
- Old News: Stokes Law, Order & Grub
- Retro Fair Haven Tigers Cheer!
- In Memoriam: Longtime Little Silver Resident & Former RCDS Board President, Charles Hill Jones Jr., 89