An area 32-year-old man has been charged with murder as a result of a Sunday stabbing incident in Neptune, Acting Monmouth County Prosecutor Lori Linskey announced.
Derrick Simms, of Neptune, was charged with first-degree murder, third-degree unlawful possession of a weapon (knife) and third-degree hindering after allegedly fatally stabbing a man during an altercation on Sunday morning, Aug. 7.
At 5:44 a.m. on Sunday, Neptune Township police were dispatched to Squirrel Road for a reported stabbing. Upon arrival, one male victim was found in the front yard, unresponsive, with a stab wound. The victim was pronounced dead on scene.
The investigation ongoing at this time.
Simms is being held at the Monmouth County Correctional Institution (MCCI) pending a detention hearing.
If anyone has any information regarding this case, please contact Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office Detective Christopher Guy at 800-533-7443 or Neptune Township Police Officer Robert Hagerman at 732-988-8000.
— Edited press release from the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office
- In Memoriam: Longtime Rumsonite, RFHer, Rumson First Aid & Oceanic Hook & Ladder Co. Member, Jay Harvey, 78
- Retro Dank Daze of RFH Junior Lounging
- Old News: Stokes Law, Order & Grub
- Retro Fair Haven Tigers Cheer!
- In Memoriam: Longtime Little Silver Resident & Former RCDS Board President, Charles Hill Jones Jr., 89