The following recent criminal incidents and arrests were reported by Shrewsbury police. An arrest does not constitute a conviction.
• There was a report of a shoplifting in the area of Blue Mercury, Broad street on Dec. 17. The victim reported that $2,260 worth of merchandise was stolen by an unknown person or people.
Sgt. Tracy Polk is investigating.
• There was a report of burglary in the area of Newman Springs Road on Dec. 18. The victim reported that an unknown person or people broke windows on three vehicles and removed property. Damages totaled $1,622.
Sgt. Jessica Boyd is investigating.
• There was a report of a shoplifting in the area of Ocean State Job Lots on Dec. 19. The victim reported that someone stole $520 worth of merchandise.
Patrolman Tyler Fox is investigating.
Contempt of Court Arrests
• Angela N. Montalbano, 20, of West Paterson, was arrested in the area of Newman Springs Road on Dec. 17 on a contempt of court (COC) warrant by Patrolman Ralph Latham.
• Cirilo Perez-Sanchez, 37, of Red Bank, was arrested on Dec. 18 on a contempt of court (COC) warrant in the area of Sycamore Avenue by Patrolman Mary Ellen Rumola.