The weekend is off to a good weather start.
Regardless of what happens in the sky, there is plenty to do around the Rumson-Fair Haven area towns.
Check it out …
• It’s Christmas in July starting today and through July 25 at participating Fair Haven businesses. Find out more here.
• Hanga Loose Fridays continue at Umberto’s. Come and “hanga loose” in the back room of the restaurant on River Road in honor of Silvio Fabbri’s memory.
Stop by any time after 7 p.m.
• For theatergoers, Shakespeare in the park is still going on at Brookdale.
Curtain (or something like that) for Titus Andronicus is 7 p.m. on the Great Lawn of Brookdale Community College’s campus in the Lincroft section of Middletown. Head to Parking Lot 2 and bring chairs.
For more information, call 732-224-2411.
• Phoenix Productions’ summer musical Mary Poppins is playing the weekend starting with a curtain at 8 p.m. tonight at the Count Basie Theatre.
Call 732-842-9000 for more information.
• St. George’s-by-the-River Episcopal Church in Rumson is holding services on the beach on Saturdays for the summer.
The services will be held at 5:30 p.m. at Ancorage beach in Sea Bright, right over the Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge (to the left coming from the Rumson direction).
Call 732-842-0596 for more information.
• Titus Andronicus curtain is 7 p.m. on the Great Lawn at Brookdale. See above post for more information.
• Curtain for Phoenix Productions’ Mary Poppins is 7 p.m. See above for more information.
• Don’t forget the Red Bank Farmers Market at the Galleria parking lot from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for lots of organic produce, baked goods, coffee, crafts and more.
• Red Bank RiverCenter’s Food and Wine Walk will be going on from 2 to 5 p.m. It’s a great way to sample a taste of Red Bank, literally. Wristbands may be purchased online (by clicking here) in advance only for $35. The bands get people samples of food and, of course, wine at various restaurants, caterers and bars throughout the borough.
People get a map to guide them through the walk.
• Matinee curtain for Phoenix Productions’ Mary Poppins at the Count Basie Theatre is 3 p.m.