Summertime can be hectic. Not quite as much these post-quarantine pandemic days of summer, though. Most are pretty tired of alone time. Still, there’s nothing better than some an end-of-day solo time to unwind, distanced, in the fresh air … embraced by a familiar, comforting scene.Continue reading Simple Summer: Fair Haven Dock Sunset Solace
It was a night of music, mingling and moseying down by the river.
The final Concert at the Fair Haven Dock in the summer season was Saturday — right in the middle of a summer heatwave and in time for another iconic sunset on the Navesink River.
Jazz group Lakewood Keys Jazz Band played and locals and fans from nearby towns of the band flocked to the dock.
A jazzy night was had by all.
Take a look at the slideshow above for a glimpse into the evening. Be sure to click the lower right icon on the slideshow to enlarge! Enjoy!
The sun is out and it looks like it’s going to be shining for the much less humid weekend, according to the National Weather Service.
And the weekend events are the perfect complement to the weather forecast.
• Hanga Loose Fridays continue at Umberto’s. Come and “hanga loose” in the back room of the restaurant on River Road in honor of Silvio Fabbri’s memory.
Stop by any time after 7 p.m.
• And, guess what? It’s time for the first Concert at the Fair Haven Dock tonight at 7:30 p.m.
The concert tonight features The Lads and is, of course, free at the dock at the foot of Fair Haven Road on the Navesink.
See you there!
• For theatergoers, Shakespeare in the park at Brookdale opens tonight.
Curtain (or something like that) for Titus Andronicus is 7 p.m. on the Great Lawn of Brookdale Community College’s campus in the Lincroft section of Middletown. Head to Parking Lot 2 and bring chairs.
For more information, call 732-224-2411.
• Phoenix Productions’ summer musical Mary Poppins is playing the weekend starting with a curtain at 8 p.m. tonight at the Count Basie Theatre.
Call 732-842-9000 for more information.
• St. George’s-by-the-River Episcopal Church in Rumson is holding services on the beach on Saturdays for the summer.
The services will be held at 5:30 p.m. at Ancorage beach in Sea Bright, right over the Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge (to the left coming from the Rumson direction).
Call 732-842-0596 for more information.
• Titus Andronicus curtain is 7 p.m. on the Great Lawn at Brookdale. See above post for more information.
• Curtain for Phoenix Productions’ Mary Poppins is 7 p.m. See above for more information.
• Don’t forget the Red Bank Farmers Market at the Galleria parking lot from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for lots of organic produce, baked goods, coffee, crafts and more.
• It’s car show season and the Red Bank firefighters from Liberty Hose are hosting their annual classic car show in the White Street parking lot from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Matinee curtain for Phoenix Productions’ Mary Poppins at the Count Basie Theatre is 3 p.m.