Yet another plea to residents to lock cars came from Rumson police today with the news that an unlocked car in the borough with the key fob inside was stolen last night.
The car has since been found in Newark and recovered by police there, an announcement by Rumson police on social media said.
Police added that they had received reports of suspected thieves lurking around town “walking down driveways as early as 9 p.m. looking for unlocked cars with key fobs inside of them.”
They found one.
Police said that this rash of car thefts in the area can be attributed to an “organized criminal enterprise with connections to gangs.”
The plea, again …
- Prosecutor: Former Corrections Officer Sentenced for Shoplifting
- In Memoriam: Longtime Rumsonite Winifred Svikart, 88
- Prosecutor: Two Charged With Supplying Drugs That Killed Woman in Overdose Death
- Prosecutor: 14 Arrested on Internet Child Sex Abuse Charges in Task Force Sweep
- Prosecutor: Cop Hits Building with Patrol SUV