It’s still that Hunt time of the year, so having a reprise of a classic Hunt tailgating party, originally posted on Oct. 18, 2017, seemed only right. Right? Just in case you missed it, take a look back and remember the tailgating party …
As if a glimpse back to a gaggle of RFHers on Hippie Hill at the infamous Hunt didn’t give you your fill of Hunt memories, a look back at tailgating in the late 1970s or early 80s just might quench your champagne thirst for another look …
The tailgate style of those bygone Hunt days went from pretty snazzy wood paneled jeeps and trucks (with little curtains on the back doors) to the classic Mercedes or BMW and the good ol’ Chevy. Take your pick. But, did you have a choice? Then again, there was a lot of roaming in the Hunt business of tailgating.
But, really, take a look at the spreads, the outfits that ran the Rumsonite-like gamut and the scores of people scattered down the hill like festive, preppified ants. Such a gathering.
Get a good look. Recognize anyone? What’s the car all the way to the left.
- A Retro Happy Thanksgiving from the Kids’ Table
- Retro RFH Football Turkeys’ Cheer
- Retro Thanksgiving Shopping Deals
- Prosecutor: 31-Year-Old Man Charged with Liability for Drug Overdose Death
- In Memoriam: A Look Back at Longtime Fair Havenite Jeanette Choma, 88