One man is dead and another injured as the result of a shooting that occurred early Saturday morning in Freehold Borough, announced Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni announced.
At 1:04 a.m. on Aug. 1, Freehold Borough police responded to multiple 911 calls in the area of 40 Jackson Street. Upon arrival, officers found two male victims, one dead and one injured. The deceased victim was pronounced dead at approximately 2 a.m., and the second victim was taken to a local hospital, where he is currently listed in serious, but stable, condition.
The case is being investigated by the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office and the Freehold Borough Police Department.
Anyone with information about this case is urged to call Detective Christopher Guy of the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office at 1-800-533-7443 or Detective Shaun Hobbs of the Freehold Borough Police Department at 732-577-8308.
Information can also be provided by calling 1-800-671-4400, visiting Monmouth County Crime Stoppers.com, or through the free “P3 Tips” mobile app available on the iOS and Android platforms.
- Retro Powering Through: Light in Dark Sandy Times
- Retro Fair Haven Gals and a Fair Prize Boat
- In Memorium: Fourth-Generation Rumsonite, Former Borough Administrator, Public Servant, Gary Sammon, 77
- Speaking to People: Fair Haven Icon Dorothy Breckenridge’s Final Crossing
- Prosecutor: One Dead, One Injured In Shooting