The following recent criminal incidents and arrests were reported by Shrewsbury police. An arrest does not constitute a conviction.
• There was a report of cyber harassment in the area of Adams Way on July 15. The victim reported that a known person sent unwarranted text messages.
Sgt. Matthew Clark is investigating.
• There was a report of a burglary in the area of Newman Springs Road on July 14. The victim reported that access was gained to a building and $5,000 worth of property was stolen.
Patrolman Joseph Barnicle is investigating.
• There was a report on July 12 of a shoplifting of $449.98 worth of merchandise from a business in the area of Broad Street.
Patrolman Mary Ellen Rumola is investigating.
• There was a report on July 9 of a $96.45 shoplifting in the area of Shrewsbury Avenue.
Patrolman Kyle ludwig is investigating.
• There was a report of a theft in the area of Avenue at the Commons on July 6. The victim reported that $300 worth of property was stolen.
Patrolman Ralph Latham is investigating.
• William H. Feldman, 26, of Fair Haven, was arrested in the area of Broad Street on July 19 and charged with possession of a controlled dangerous substance (CDS) by Sgt. Matthew Clark.
• Nicholas G. Reines, 29, of Middletown, was arrested in the area of Broad Street on July 12 and charged with criminal attempt by Sgt. Jessica Boyd.
** Police reported three arrests solely on contempt of court warrants. **