Former longtime Little Silver resident and Fair Haven and Red Bank postman Robert P. Stout passed away peacefully on Sept. 11. He was 92.
Born in Long Branch to the late Melvin and Helen (Patchell) Stout, “Bob was a volunteer for the Little Silver Fire Department and played softball with the other members. He also volunteered at the Barn for the Poor. Bob loved the beach and was a member of the Surfrider Beach Club. He was also an avid Mets fan,” his loved ones said in his obituary.
Bob is predeceased by: his wife, Patricia Stout; his daughters, Robin J. Stout and Wendy A. Matson; and his sister, Carol McGowan.
He is survived by: his son, Michael Stout; his five grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren; his sister, Linda Mautner; and many nieces and nephews.
A visitation will be held at the John E. Day Funeral Home, Red Bank, on Sunday, Sept. 20, from 1 to 4 p.m.. A private funeral mass and burial will be held on Monday, Sept. 21.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be sent in Robert’s memory to the Little Silver Fire Department.
- Retro RFH Soccer Kicks: From Snapshots to Livestream
- In Memoriam: Former Longtime Rumsonite, William V. Weithas Jr.
- Retro Picture Day Snapshot: 1950s Knollwood Kindergarten
- Prosecutor: 25-Year-Old Man Charged with Animal Cruelty
- In Memoriam: Raymond Carey, Author, Businessman, Sailor, Creator of ‘Carey Center for Democratic Capitalism, 93