The Beatles said it in the song In My Life. There are places people remember … all their lives … though some have changed. Place defines. It brings comfort. It triggers memories. It is a bookmark in our hearts. The places we remember forever … the places that are home.
So, to pay homage to the profound power of place in the Rumson-Fair Haven area, home, we offer a glimpse back to significant places of 2019 that have anchored hearts for decades.
Happy New Year! Take a look and let the photos give a tug at your heartstrings. Remember.
(Oh, and don’t forget to click on each photo to enlarge and get the full view!)
— All photos by Elaine Van Develde/R-FH Retro
Photos published by R-FH Retro are exclusively R-FH Retro property, are copyrighted and not for duplication or publication anywhere else (on any other website, public relations-oriented pieces, such as brochures, newsletters and promotional materials or public display). If you would like to purchase a photo for your personal enjoyment, contact us at email@example.com. Thanks for supporting R-FH Retro!
- Prosecutor: Special Officer Pleads Guilty to Computer Theft
- Retro Powering Through: Light in Dark Sandy Times
- Retro Fair Haven Gals and a Fair Prize Boat
- In Memorium: Fourth-Generation Rumsonite, Former Borough Administrator, Public Servant, Gary Sammon, 77
- Speaking to People: Fair Haven Icon Dorothy Breckenridge’s Final Crossing