The following September criminal incidents and arrests were reported by Fair Haven police. An arrest does not constitute a conviction.
• An act of vandalism was reported on Sept. 8 after unknown juveniles reportedly shattered the glass door to the Fair Haven Community Center.
Patrolman Eric Patton took the report.
• Darrell Livingston, 52, of Red Bank, on Sept. 27 and charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI), refusal to submit to a breathalyzer and other motor vehicle violations by Patrolman William Lagrotteria.
• While on patrol on Sept. 25, Sgt. Steven Schneider found two bicycles parked along a house under construction. While out investigating, he saw juveniles running away from the scene. Sgt. Schneider located several items left by the juveniles, including controlled dangerous substances (CDS/drugs). The juveniles were later identified and reports turned over to the juvenile division.
• Matthew J. Mago, 23, of Middletown, was arrested on Sept. 24 by Cpl. John Koetzner following a motor vehicle accident and charged with obstruction, resisting arrest, possession of a hypodermic needle, possession of heroin and possession with the intent to distribute. He was also issued several motor vehicle summonses.
He was transported to Monmouth County Correctional Institution in Freehold.
• Douglas Batting, 76, of Little Silver, was arrested on Sept. 13 and charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) and other motor vehicle violations by Sgt. Jesse Dykstra.
• Anthony J. Valletta, 65, of Middletown, was arrested on Sept. 3 and charged with stealing items from the Wash House Laundromat by Detective Dwayne Reevey.