If you were one of the many who heard first aid, fire and police sirens blaring n the Rumson-Fair Haven area on Sunday afternoon, you probably also know by now that the accident that brought the brigade of emergency responders to the intersection of Ridge and Fair Haven roads left a Rumson couple literally a little flipped out and banged up, but alright and grateful.Continue reading Volunteer Value: Surviving a Sunday Drive Accident
The following June criminal incidents and arrests were reported by Red Bank police. An arrest does not constitute a conviction.Continue reading Police Report: Theft, $6K Criminal MIschief, Assault, DWI, Weapons Possession
The following June arrests were reported by Rumson police. An arrest does not constitute a conviction.
• Melany Gonzalez-Trejo, 21, of Keansburg, was arrested in the area of Rumson Road and Bellevue Avenue on June 30 and charged with possession of a controlled dangerous substance (CDS) by Patrolman Joseph Strohmenger.
• Robert Olshan, 28, of Rumson, was arrested in the area of Forrest Avenue and Carton Street on June 24 and charged with theft of services and defiant trespass by Sgt. Robert Boyer.
• Stephen Grosso, 30, of Fair Haven, was arrested in the area of West River Road and Bellevue Avenue on June 15 and charged with criminal mischief and hindering apprehension after numerous reports of broken mailboxes in the area.
• Courtney Larson, 35, of Middletown, was arrested in the area of West River Road and Second Street on June 4 and charged with driving under the influence (DUI) by Patrolman Donald Morse.
- Retro Powering Through: Light in Dark Sandy Times
- Retro Fair Haven Gals and a Fair Prize Boat
- In Memorium: Fourth-Generation Rumsonite, Former Borough Administrator, Public Servant, Gary Sammon, 77
- Speaking to People: Fair Haven Icon Dorothy Breckenridge’s Final Crossing
- Prosecutor: One Dead, One Injured In Shooting
June 26 update:
The message couldn’t get much clearer. Rumson police have been stressing it for years and more recently have repeated it and taken it to the streets. Now Fair Haven police have joined in: Lock your cars!Continue reading Fair Haven Police: Car Thieves & Burglars are Back; Lock Up!
After a three-month-long daily pandemic story time on film, Fair Haven police officers are taking their final bow and exiting stage left from their brief career in pictures.Continue reading Scene Around: Copping COVID Storytime Bloopers
Frustrated with a years’ long problem looming over the area in surge spurts and the unheeding of advice regarding it, Rumson police have taken their message to the streets with lit signage: “Car thieves are back! Lock your cars!”Continue reading Rumson Police Take Their Car Theft Message to the Streets
The story of a kayaking fisherman gone missing on Thursday night in the Navesink River came to a tragic end as the body of Bordentown resident Nedim Aksoy, 50, was recovered in Sandy Hook Bay near Plum Island on Monday morning, U.S. Coast Guard authorities said.Continue reading Body of Missing Kayaker Found
The following recent criminal incidents and arrests were reported by Red Bank police. An arrest does not constitute a conviction.Continue reading Police Report: Theft, Aggravated Sexual Assault, Drug Possession, Assault, Harassment, DWI, Criminal Mischief
No tickets here. Just a reward checkpoint.Continue reading Scene Around: Pulled Over by Police for a Chat & Reward
This week is National EMS Week. These are the trained volunteers who show up when you’re in an emergency health situation, an accident or you just need a little help out of a situation. They’re a 911 call away.
In both Rumson and Fair Haven, first aid squads are comprised of residents who are trained and certified to respond to all of these emergencies, day and night.Continue reading Retro Fair Haven EMS Dive Squad Doings
There’s another new officer on the Rumson police beat and taking those calls for help.Continue reading Scene Around: Welcoming a Rumson Officer & a Dispatcher