The sun is out. It’s supposed to stay out. And there are lots of things to do in the great outdoors this weekend in the Rumson-Fair Haven area.
Here’s the line-up …
• The 61st Annual Red Bank Sidewalk Sale, sponsored by RiverCenter, is ongoing, starting today.
If you’re in the mood for what RiverCenter boasts are the best bargains under the sun, literally, take a stroll through the streets of Red Bank and look around.
Participating merchants on Front, Broad and Monmouth streets will have everything out there for you from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Hanga Loose Fridays continue at Umberto’s on River Road in Fair Haven.
The fun and conversation, in honor of Silvio Fabbri’s memory and love of community, all start at 7 p.m.
• If you feel like being a waterborne for a bit and you’d like to be up a lake with a paddle, you can rent a canoe at Thompson Park in the Lincroft section of Middletown and cruise on Marlu Lake via the Monmouth County Park System from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays and/or Sundays.
The cost is $15 for two hours and up to three people in a canoe.
• And, don’t forget Fair Havenites that Saturday night is the annual campout at Fair Haven Fields.
Bring your tent and gear. The fun starts at 7 p.m., but we’re told people tend to get there earlier.
• The Red Bank Sidewalk Sale continues.
• There’s a church service by St. George’s-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church on the beach at Anchorage in Sea Bright at 5 p.m.
• The Red Bank Farmers Market is on in the Galleria parking lot from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., featuring all sorts of organic produce, baked goods, crafts and more.
• The last day for the Red Bank Sidewalk Sale. It runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Oh, and if you’re feeling the Christmas spirit under the sun, make sure you hit the beach in Sea Bright for the borough’s Christmas in July on the Sea Bright Public Beach at 5 p.m..
Mr. & Mrs. Claus will be there along with lots of activities, eats and a sand castle building contest to boot.
• The movie Elf is showing on the Sea Bright beach at sundown.