Coastal Decor and Design has made Fair Haven its home for 10 years. And to commemorate the occasion, all were invited to celebrate with a little music from John Amabile, some snacks and socializing, Mia Pustrom photography, store goodies and more.
It’s that time again — anniversary party time on Thursday for Coastal Decor in Fair Haven.
And with the River Road store’s annual anniversary/summer celebration comes some socializing, snacking and special prices.
The shopping party starts at 5:30 p.m. and ends at 10:30. “Bring a friend,” the store owners said in a Facebook release.
Coastal Decor is a favorite small business among Rumson-Fair Haven area residents specializing in shore-inspired interior design, furniture, accessories and jewelry.
The Rumson-Fair Haven Retrospect Coastal Decor pick of the week for Business Buzz is the sterling silver New Jersey sea glass necklace.
What’s your favorite Coastal Decor item?
It was a traditional gathering of friends in business in Fair Haven.
Wednesday marked the annual Fair Haven Business Association’s annual barbecue.
Rumson-Fair Haven Retrospect paid a visit to the festivities among friends, some of whom have been in business in the borough for a long time.
Ferguson Dental Care and Boxwood Gardens Florist and Gifts hosted the meeting/party, with the good doctor (dentist), Paul Ferguson, at the grill.
Besides longtime Fair Haven business Boxwood and Ferguson Dental business leaders, folks from, ForeFront, Two River Computer, Coastal Decor and DeFalco Pools made appearances.
Check out the photo gallery above for a glimpse into the gathering. Do you know who’s who?
The National Weather Service is telling us that the weekend weather forecast calls for brighter skies and higher temps.
So, what better time to take advantage of the events planned for the area this weekend. And there’s lots to do …
• Everyone’s hangin’ loose in memory of Silvio Fabbri in the back room of Umberto’s in Fair Haven on Fridays, starting at 7 p.m.
It’s a great way to remember Silvio, the iconic Fair Haven pizza maker and friend to all, and hang with friends and neighbors in the community.
“Hanga loose,” reminisce and enjoy!
• Coastal Decor in Fair Haven is hosting at 7:30 p.m. a Green Beachy Living event billed as a “fun night of shopping and nutrition” at it’s River Road store.
• Noel Coward’s Present Laughter is playing at the Navesink Library Theater tonight and tomorrow night, April 24, 25, with an 8:15 p.m. curtain.
A matinee is set for Sunday, April 26 at 2 p.m.
For more information, click here.
• It should be a great day to fly a kite, and just in time for Sea Bright’s Come Fly With Us Kite Festival at Sea Bright Public Beach.
People of all ages are invited to gather at the beach at 11 a.m. and, well, go fly a kite!
There will be prizes and giveaways.
• Don’t forget that Saturday is Clean Ocean Action Beach Sweeps Day.
In the immediate area, the twice annual beach clean-up is being held at Sea Bright Public Beach, the beach in back of Borough Hall and Gaiter’s Restaurant in the northern section of Sea Bright from 9 to 12:30 p.m..
Here’s a list of other locations close by:
• Monmouth Beach Bathing Pavilion, 29 Ocean Avenue, Monmouth Beach;
• Leonardo Public Beach South, 1 Concord Avenue and the beach, north side of Leonardo State Marine Launch ramp, Leonardo section of Middletown;
• Ideal Beach at Ocean and Bayside, Middletown;
• Bayshore Waterfront Park, 719 Port Monmouth Rd., Port Monmouth section of Middletown;
• Rumson’s First Presbyterian Church is hosting a healthy earth, body and mind slate of events showcasing healthy cooking, gardening, exercise and aromatherapy starting at 1 p.m. at the church on River Road.
• Monmouth Players’ Present Laughter at 8:15 p.m. (See the above entry.)
• The annual Red Bank International Flavour Festival comes to the borough’s White Street parking lot from noon to 7 p.m.
The festival features the usual tastes and toasts of area food and craft booths and music by several area bands.
Proceeds for the event are donated to Monmouth Day Care Center, Red Bank RiverCenter and Parker Family Health Clinic.
• Matinee of Monmouth Players’ Present Laughter. (See Friday’s entry above).