With the sad loss of yet another RFH grad who loved nothing more than catching a wave and good times with great friends, we are reminded that there’s nothing like seizing a surfing moment — even if it’s on sand.Continue reading Retro RFH Beached Surfers
The following recent arrests were reported by Red Bank police. An arrest does not constitute a conviction.Continue reading Police Report: Aggravated Sex Assault, Assault, DWI, Marijuana, CDS, Theft
The following recent criminal incidents were reported by Red Bank police:Continue reading Police Report: Theft & Criminal Mischief
Well, boys basketball season at RFH seemed as quick as a slam dunk this year.Continue reading Retro Ode to RFH Basketball Season
He was a husband, a father, a son, a brother, an uncle, a surfer, a rocker, a warrior, a friend. He was a longtime Rumsonite and Rumson-Fair Haven Regional High School (RFH) graduate. He was Gregory S. Weber and he passed away on March 1 at his Long Branch home. He was 66.
Known to many as someone who loved and lived life to the fullest, Greg was born in Newark, NJ. A graduate of RFH and the University of Colorado, he traveled the world, but was always happiest at the Jersey Shore, family said in his obituary.Continue reading Memorial Set for Longtime Rumsonite, Surfer, Musician, RFH Grad, Greg Weber, 66
The following recent criminal incidents and arrests were reported by Shrewsbury police. An arrest does not constitute a conviction.Continue reading Police Report: ID Theft, Credit Card Fraud, DWI, Assault, Theft
An Aberdeen man has been sentenced to 20 years in prison after being convicted of sexually assaulting a minor for roughly two years, Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni announced on Monday.Continue reading Prosecutor: Area Man Facing 20 Years in Prison for Sexual Assault of Minor
The following recent criminal incidents and arrests were reported by Fair Haven police. An arrest does not constitute a conviction.
• A Park Lane resident reported on Dec. 31 that an unknown person had used his personal information to make fraudulent charges to his checking account.
Patrolman Michael Volker took the fraud report.
• A Fair Haven Road resident reported on Dec. 21 that an unknown person used her personal information to make unauthorized electronic goods purchases.
Patrolman Christian Hostrup took the fraud report.
• A Forman Street resident reported on Dec. 18 that an unknown person used his personal information to obtain a credit card in Connecticut.
Patrolman Christian Hostrup took the fraud report.
• Jasrai Gill, 38, of Colts Neck, arrested following a motor vehicle stop on Jan. 30 and charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI), reckless driving, refusal to submit to breath samples and failure to maintain a lane by Patrolman Michael Volker.
• Jonathan Blair, 29, of Eatontown, was arrested on Jan. 7 an charged with theft by unlawful taking by Detective Dwayne Reevey.
• Nicholas Dassaro , 24, of Keansburg, was arrested following a motor vehicle stop on Dec. 31 and charged with possession of less than 50 grams of marijuana by Special Officer Alex Perkins.
• Russell Hendricks, 58, of Fair Haven, was arrested following a to a motor vehicle stop on Dec. 18 and charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI), refusal to submit to breath samples, reckless driving, failure to maintain lamps, driving an unregistered vehicle and an active warrant out of Sea Bright by Patrolman Michael Volker.
• Adrianna Hamilton, 42, of Aberdeen, was arrested on Dec. 6 and charged with theft and unlawful taking, and possession of burglary tools by Patrolman Brooks Robinson. Detective Dwayne Reevey assisted with the investigation.
• Edward Brueck Jr., 74, of Brick, was arrested on Dec. 1 following a motor vehicle stop after a warrant was located out of Atlantic City for his arrest by Patrolman Brooks Robinson. He was processed and released after posting full cash bail.
Call it literal. With the not-so-fair weather lately, thoughts tend to turn to the hometown warmth and fun that is the Fair Haven Firemen’s Fair.
Everyone in the Rumson-Fair Haven area knows that it’s a tradition. So, in keeping with the tradition and the hopes for rising temperatures and more signs of spring, we celebrate summer fair fever.
Never mind spring. We’ll just jump right to summertime when the fair livin’ is laced with a lot of Fair Haven love.
The Retro Pic(s) of the Day offer a glimpse back many decades to the earlier days of the fair.
Check out the apron. Remember Sal’s Tavern in Red Bank? And who are those ladies at what is now the Super 50/50, but used to be the car raffle booth.
Thanks to the FHFD for the archived photos!
— Elaine Van Develde
A new superintendent has been called to the office at Rumson-Fair Haven Regional High School (RFH).
After more than a year-long search to replace retiring RFH Superintendent Peter Righi, Debra (Edelkraut) Gulick was unanimously approved as the new top administrator of the RFH District on Feb. 26, Board of Education President John Caruso said. Gulick will start her position at RFH on July 1, 2009, after Righi’s retirement takes hold at the end of the current school year.Continue reading Meet RFH’s New Superintendent
A Monmouth County man has been arrested and charged with the possession and distribution of child sexual abuse materials and could face up to 15 years in prison, Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni announced on Wednesday.Continue reading Prosecutor: Area Man Arrested on Child Porn Charges
The upstairs neighbor of an 11-year-old has pleaded guilty to her 2017 murder and sexual assault, Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni announced.
Andreas Erazo, 20, of Keansburg, pleaded guilty on Tuesday to first-degree murder and first-degree aggravated sexual assault in connection with the July 13, 2017 death of Abbiegail “Abbie” Smith, who was found just hours after she was reported missing from her Hancock Street apartment in Keansburg.Continue reading Prosecutor: Neighbor Pleads Guilty to Murder, Sex Assault of 11-Year-Old Girl