The following recent criminal incidents and arrests were reported by Shrewsbury police. An arrest does not constitute a conviction.
• There was a report of the theft of $120 worth of merchandise in the area of Broad Street on July 4.
Sgt. Jessica Boyd is investigating.
• There was a report of a vehicle burglary, with damages totaling $1,2000, in the area of Patterson Court on July 2.
Patrolman Tyler Fox is investigating.
• There was a report of a theft in the area of White street on July 1. The victim reported that someone used fraudulent business to elicit 4925 worth of funds.
Patrolman Daniel DeCristofaro is investigating.
• Vanessa L. Adames, 28, of Carteret, was arrested in the area of Shrewsbury Avenue on June 30 and charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) by Sgt. Matthew Clark.
• Daniel S. Fletcher, 34, of Allenhurst, was arrested in the area of Broad Street on June 30 and charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) by Patrolman Joseph Barnicle.
**Police reported one arrest solely on a contempt of court warrant.**