The following recent criminal incidents and arrests were reported by Shrewsbury police. An arrest does not constitute a conviction.
• There was a report of the theft of license plates from a vehicle in the area of Sycamore Avenue on May 18.
Patrolman Kyle Ludwig is investigating.
• There was a report of identity theft in the area of Borden Street on May 17. The victim reported that someone used accounts to make $159 worth of fraudulent purchases.
Patrolman Angel Marrero is investigating.
• There was a report of criminal mischief in the area of Broad Street on May 16. The victim reported that property was defaced.
Patrolman Ralph Latham is investigating.
• The burglary of three vehicles valued at $169,373 from a auto dealership on Shrewsbury Avenue was reported on May 6.
Patrolman Daniel DeCristofaro is investigating.
• Samantha B. Mitchell-Baire, 53, of Montclair, was arrested in the area of Broad Street on May 21 and charged with shoplifting by Patrolman Daniel DeCristofaro.
• Carissa L. Bossert, 30, of Middletown, was arrested in the area of Sycamore Avenue on May 18 and charged with hindering apprehension by Patrolman Tyler Fox.
• Ryan M. Carson, 31, of Oceanport, was arrested in the area of Broad Street on May 14 and charged with receiving stolen property by Patrolman Joseph Barnicle.
• Barbara Maags, 56, of Tinton Falls was arrested in the area of Broad Street on May 12 and charged with assault on a juvenile by Detective Sgt. James Ramsey.
• Joseph M. Salgado, 43, of Lakehurst, was arrested in the area of Broad Street on May 5 and charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) by Patrolman Joseph Barnicle.
**Police reported six arrests solely on contempt of court warrants.**