The sun is shining on the Rumson-Fair Haven area. The weather forecast is one of toasty, sun-drenched, crisp fall days ahead. The time is right for some celebrating of life, remembrance, meeting and greeting, blood donating, egg hunting and parading.
It starts Friday night with …
• A meet-and-greet with Republican candidates for Fair Haven Borough Council, Betsy Koch and Susan Sorensen. The cocktail party-style gathering is being hosted by the Rice family at 10 Fairwaters Lane, Fair Haven. It runs from 7 to 9 p.m.
And on Saturday …
• The Fair Haven Business Association is getting into the haunting spirit of things by hosting a blood drive dubbed Starve a Vampire & Feed Your Neighbor from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus hall at the corner of Fair Haven Road and Third Street.
• Then at 3 p.m., family and RFH friends of Kit Rowett White will celebrate her life the day after what would have been her 57th birthday in a remembrance at Donovan’s Reef in Sea Bright from 3 p.m. to sundown. Kit passed away on Sept. 19 after a valiant battle with cancer. For her obituary, click here. RIP, Kit, our friend. A tribute will follow.
• And at 5:30 p.m. there’s, of all things, a Halloween Egg Hunt in Fair Haven at Fair Haven Fields. Eggcellent! Or something like that. Boo?
Aaaaaand on Sunday …
• It’s time for the Fair Haven Halloween Parade! Marchers line up at Knollwood School at 10:30 a.m. and the parade starts at 11. It goes down Hance Road, onto River and to the Fair Haven Firehouse, where there will be prizes and more fun.
• At 12:30, down the street at Umberto’s, Council candidates Koch & Sorensen invite all to a meet-and-greet gathering.
Enjoy the weekend! I’ll see you around the towns!